Freedom is never free.....

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."-Samuel Adams

Monday, October 12, 2009

Facebook and Universal Healthcare

Standing on the waters casting your bread
While the eyes of the idol with the iron head are glowing.
Distant ships sailing into the mist,

You w
ere born with a snake in both of your fists
while a hurricane was blowing.

Freedom just around the corner for you

But with the truth so far off,
what good will it do?

Bob Dylan-Jokerman


“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.”-Samuel Adams


Typically I like to refer to history with respect to any point(s) I may be attempting to convey to those who honor me with reading my essays. If you have read my posts before, you probably have guessed I lean strongly toward the notion of personal accountability and responsibility. You may have surmised that I am not a huge fan of government, particularly at the federal level. I may lead with a pertinent quote from one of the founders, or at times lyrics from a song I find to be connected to my topic.


Today is not a typical day. I offer apologies in advance.Sometimes a guy needs to vent.


I want to discuss the progressive segment of our population, the far left, the whiney ass, feel-good, everything’s free, phony elitist, windmill loving, panty waist, big-government worshipping, tax and tax, race-baiting, gun-hating idiots.


Did I leave anything out? Vitriolic? Hateful? Spiteful? Rabid? Vicious?


Oh, yeah, free healthcare for everyone.


Below is an excerpt from a Facebook discussion yesterday. The topic was, quite obviously, Healthcare Reform. This is cut and pasted verbatim. I have changed the names to protect the mentally challenged left.


Her:”I swear, Ins. companies need to be taken down. Crooks.”


Me:” I don't think the insurance companies are evil incarnate, but even he (a VP from Anthem) says there needs to be some changes.”


Him: “No, the insurance companies are evil and so are the right-wing reactionaries that enable them. They drop sick people, they refuse coverage to those who need it, their executives make millions. They are in business to make huge profits on the backs of the sick and the suffering. If that's not evil tell me what is.

HEALTH CARE SHOULD NOT BE A FOR PROFIT BUSINESS!”


Me: “I don't care for those "right wing reactionaries" either. Good luck finding good doctors who will work for a non-profit.”


Him: “They don't seem to have a problem finding superb doctors in France or England. Plus the "system" being non-profit does not mean the doctors don't get paid. It just would mean the government writes the check instead of an insurance company.


At this point I either had to shut down Facebook, or go slash my wrists. I chose the former. I don’t think Hollywood could write this stuff in a script for a good sit-com. Is truth stranger than fiction?

“Where does the money come from for the government to write the checks?”, I should have asked.


I go to great lengths to be open to all avenues of thought. Intellectual honesty is also a major component of my thought process, and I believe any of us who really think things through would agree. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Like most economic problems we face, the government is the last place we should look for answers. The free market generally takes care of itself.


Free markets, free trade, freedom of choice, free people. Freedom.


If we took care of your own, nobody would need taking care of. I am such a heartless bastard.

"To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, the guarantee to everyone the free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it."

--Thomas Jefferson, letter to Joseph Milligan, 6 April 1816

No comments:

Post a Comment